SAILOR OPERATIONS CENTER
Sailor Operations Center at Enoch Pratt Free Library, Central Library, Maryland State Library Resource Center, is an umbrella term for the staff of the Information Access Division who work closely together to implement and maintain Sailor services. These staff are members of the following departments.
• Information Access Division Chief coordinates Sailor activities among Information Access Division departments, and serves as Sailor liaison to constituent library systems and agencies.
• Systems Department is responsible for development and day-to-day operations of the Sailor Network and related services.
• Collection Management Department coordinates selection of Sailor subscription databases with Maryland's public libraries, and negotiates contracts for these databases.
• Resource Delivery Department manages the development and implementation of MARINA, the interlibrary loan request application used by Maryland’s public libraries.
• Web Management Department manages the Sailor website, Web Site Hosting Service, mailing list services, and access to Sailor research databases.